OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - January 2008
Brief reports on the month's activity should be written by each chair 2 days before the SC meeting. At the meeting each chair will bring up any open issues that require discussion, but won't need to recount everything described below.
- Article about OWW in Scientific American -- please comment!
- TOPAZ (technical platform that underlies PLOS One) is being beta-released, if anyone wants to play around with it let me know.
- Random, but i've been playing around with video lab notebooks
<html> <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D9xmdbe41jY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D9xmdbe41jY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object> </html>
- A couple of new updates to the main page this month, including a very cool image from MIT 20.109 as a media spotlight and announcement of Lorrie joining us as MD.
- re: discussions of whether external links from the OWW main page are OK, note the link to the Scientific American open science article as an example of an external link that seems appropriate for "News and Highlights."
- The UNM PHYC500 course highlight has been up for several months. Please suggest (or go ahead and post) a lab, class, or group to feature in its place.
- Arxiv (although Julius is MIA) --John Cumbers 21:13, 9 January 2008 (CST)