OpenWetWare:Steering committee/Meeting - August 2006
- Time : 12-1pm EST, 8/10/06
- Room : 32-262 (Stata center)
task check from last meeting?
- Have the retreat -- nice work with that ;)
- Put the video (or picture link to video) on the Main Page, but make sure video works with IE. (John Cumbers)
- Look into who we would hire/ask to help us put in place formal decision making processes and organizational structure. (Jason Kelly)
- Put a page listing all the suggested categories up on the protocols page. (Jenny Nguyen)
- Write letter to labs with empty homepages (Jenny Nguyen)
- Consider filing trademark applications on "OpenWetWare" in US (and perhaps UK, EU, China, India, and Japan)? who?
- Hardware Support: Need plan to support hardware and software. who?
- Look up other sister wiki's and link to them, have on sign-up page, "maybe this wiki's better for you? want to set up your own wiki.. guidelines. John to do.
- set up a page of case studies, FAQ of people that we didn't allow accounts. and why? e.g physics lab, highschool students, companies, John to do
- add elections to front page. DONE John & Barry
- Write bylaws - done - John and Barry
- Drew, Jason, funding - Consider establishing organizational recognition w/in MIT. This would include gaining an MIT account (for donation purposes).
- Community Development: Sri Kosuri
- Do we have a date for Chris Surridge talk (likely in September as of last meeting - need to deal with his travel arrangements, etc.)
- Recruiting superusers (Jason Kelly)
- Should we try and find people to fill the sub-committee chairs that we currently have outlined? other strategies for recruiting more superusers?
- Education Coordinator: Reshma Shetty
- User Experience/Data Management: Jeff Gritton & Barry Canton
- Infrastructure: (Jason & Ilya)
- Network outage at MIT, site down for ~14hrs.
- iCampus, professional hosting
- Wikimania recap: (Ilya & Austin)
- Publishing Group Update and Reditt proposal I can only join the meeting at 12.30 or 12.45 so please leave this until the end. cheers, --Johncumbers 23:05, 7 August 2006 (EDT)
- Lab highlights: John Cumbers
Tasks for the first 6 months of elected officers time
- To organise the next election in 6 months time and decide on 6/12 month terms