- Jasonk 03:09, 9 August 2006 (EDT): At the retreat we decided that the steering committee would be responsible for prioritizing the areas where OWW would expend resources (whether time or $). To serve this I think we need to have a list of short-term goals. (and probably a long-term vision as well)
- Since we are putting in place an organizational structure for the next 6 months, it seems like that is a good time frame for some short term goals.
Short term goals
- Define a long-term organizational structure for OWW leadership. The new structure will be decided upon in December, and new officers will be elected in January.
- Encourage the growth of (a wide variety) of communities on OWW
- The reasoning here is that the most important thing is to continue to build a critical mass of users who are comfortable using the site in their daily research. Then if we want to role out more complicated things in the future we’ve got a user base to actually try them out with (and a userbase to suggest/develop new things in the first place). I think Jay's point at the retreat about wikis being included in OS 12, and the follow up discussion about how OWW is not principally a tool site supports this focus - the strength of OWW will be in the community of users that we've grown.