This is for a quick presentation to the MediaWiki hackers at Wikimania 2006.
- Personalized wiki
- Recent changes filtering
- Default home page
- User sidebar
- User management system
- Scientific information presentation
- LatexDoc (collaborate on papers, bibtex)
- WikiTex (chemical diagrams, graphs)
- Laboratory management (what reagents are in the freezer?)
- Better user group system
- Wiki database
- Semantic info
- Methods to easily 'publish to OWW'
- Easy connection with publishers ('send to Nature')
- Citations. Have Cite extension but would be ideal to have a doi per page.
- Private pages
- A tool to monitor who is "watching" a page/namespace
- More customizable recent changes (SpecialRecentChanges is a great start, but is a bit confusing for new users, maybe SpecialRecChanges w/ a prettier UI), for instance, I should be able to see all changes by a subset of users, all changes to pages I'm "watching", and all changes to a list of namespaces (e.g., Endy:, Knight:).
- Integrated discussion boards.
- Tagging - I should be able to tag pages so that i can organize them for myself (for instance, I could tag DNA ligation as 'Protocol', 'DNA'). This way I could then look at my protocol tag and only get the protocols I care about rather than having to navigate the entire protocols section. The other advantage of this, of course, is to allow us to then aggregate the user generated tagging information in order to organize the general protocols area.