McClean: Joining The Lab
This page is a resource for newbies joining the lab. If you are joining the lab, please utilize this page as a sort of initial checklist of things to do and learn as you are settling in. Most importantly, please add things to the list! If you find something missing that would have been helpful, ADD IT!
Things to Do
- Create an Openwetware account so that you can edit this (and other) pages in the McClean site. Add your name to the homepage for the McClean lab.
- Sign up for the next available "Laboratory Safety Training" through the EHS website (http://web.princeton.edu/sites/ehs/Training/index.htm). Completing safety training is of utmost importance, and you need to do it as soon as a course is available!
- Sign up for the next available "Radioactive Materials Safety" course through the EHS website. Even though we do not currently use any radioactive materials in the McClean lab, there is radioactive work done in our laboratory area (Room 117) and therefore we all MUST take this safety class.
Things to Know
Please feel free to post comments, questions, or improvements to this list. We are happy to have your input! Newbies, you MUST add to this list if you find things missing!
- People to talk to?
- Trainings to take?
- Things to know or do that are missing from this overview?
Please sign your name to your note by adding '''*~~~~''': to the beginning of your tip.
- Megan N McClean 14:01, 26 September 2011 (EDT)