Revision as of 13:42, 9 September 2012
To propagate a plasmid in vivo, infect selective liquid medium with a single colony from a transformation plate.
- Prepare 5 ml of LB + antibiotic in a 15-ml tube.
- Select a well-isolated colony from a transformation plate.
- Take a P20 with a sterile tip.
- Touch this colony with the tip and infect the liquid medium.
- Close the 15-ml tube and incubate it at 37degC, 220 rpm overnight (14-24 hours).
- Seal the transformation plate with parafilm and store in the fridge.
- Heat-sensitive plasmids must be incubated at a proper temperature. If an incubator set at a low temperature is not available, incubate the culture at room temperature on the rotating mixer with rolls.