Difference between revisions of "Lowering linear plasmid concentrations"
(New page: ==Overview== Replace this sentence with a brief description of the protocol and its goal. ==Materials== For a 50 μL PCR reaction: * 35 μL H<sub>2</sub>O * 5 μL 10X PCR buffer * 5 μ...)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 13:52, 4 September 2013
This is a protocol made by the Lui lab to lower the the copy number of pGKL1 using a strain (replace strain here) our lab created
For a 50 μL PCR reaction:
- 35 μL H2O
- 5 μL 10X PCR buffer
- 5 μL 2mM dNTPs (each)
- 1.5 μL 50mM MgCl2
- 1 μL 50μM sense primer
- 1 μL 50μM antisense primer
- 1 μL 5nM DNA template
- 0.5 μL TAQ DNA polyermerase
- In a PCR tube, mix the components on ice in the order they are listed above.
- Perform thermocycling program
- 95 °C 5 min
- 95 °C 30 s
- TH 30 s
- 72 °C 1 min for each 1 kb PCR product
- Repeat steps 2-4 a total of 12-36 times (24 is standard).
- 72 °C 5 min
- 12 °C hold
Please feel free to post comments, questions, or improvements to this protocol. Happy to have your input!
- List troubleshooting tips here.
- You can also link to FAQs/tips provided by other sources such as the manufacturer or other websites.
- Anecdotal observations that might be of use to others can also be posted here.
Please sign your name to your note by adding '''*~~~~''': to the beginning of your tip.
Relevant papers and books
- Goldbeter, A and Koshland, DE (1981) - Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 78(11) 6840-4 PMID 6947258
- Jacob, F and Monod, J J (1961) - Mol Biol 3(3) 318-56 PMID 13718526
- Ptashne, M (2004) Genetic Switch: Phage Lambda Revisited - Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press ISBN 0879697164
- Who has experience with this protocol?
or instead, discuss this protocol.