Lidstrom: Agarose Gel Electrophoresis
Return to Protocols
- handy link: gel electrophoresis
- click the gel electrophoresis button on the left
Starting with an empty box
- Fill with TBE until it covers the gel holding tray.
- Add 40 uL of ethidium bromide if your gels don't already have it within
- If your buffer already has some ethidium bromide but it needs more, 20 uL is probably good.
- Load sample
- Load ladder
- If using MassRuler, 4 uL is good for skinny lanes.
- Run @ 100 V for 20 min and check the gel.