Difference between revisions of "Kathleen McGinness"
|Line 111:||Line 111:|
*is on [http://../] of [http://.org////.. .
Revision as of 20:54, 14 February 2009
- B.S. in Psychology, University of Maryland College Park, 1996
Science stuff I know something about...
- tmRNA (or SsrA/10Sa RNA for you purists)
- energy-dependent proteolysis in bacteria
- The RNA World
- molecular biology in a world without kits
- in vitro selection and evolution of nucleic acids
- generation of nucleic acid and protein libraries
- in vitro RNA techniques
- nucleic acid-protein interactions (in vitro analysis and bacterial in vivo analysis)
- fishing experiments to look for things that interact with your RNA/DNA/protein of interest
- PCR (even colony PCR, although it is not a separate skill)
- bacterial protein expression/purification
- in vivo assays with E. coli i.e. analyzing effects on proteins/RNA
- molecular cloning
- Western/Northern/Southern blot analysis
- oligonucleotide synthesis
- RNA/DNA sequencing ("old school" and "new school" techniques)
- chemical and enzymatic structural probing of RNA/DNA
- gels, all kinds of gels: agarose, native acrylamide, denaturing acrylamide, SDS-acrylamide, two-dimensional
- enzyme kinetics
- radiolabeling nucleic acids and proteins
- familiarity with some biophysical techniques (a bit of CD spectroscopy, a small amount of analytical ultracentrifugation)
- fluorescence spectroscopy (nothing too fancy: straight-up fluorescence and a bit of anisotropy)
McGinness K.E., Bolon, D.N., Kaganovich, M., Baker, T.A. & Sauer, R.T. (2007) J. Biol. Chem., 282, 11465-11473. Epub 2007 Feb 22.
McGinness, K.E., Baker, T.A. & Sauer, R.T. (2006) Mol. Cell, 22, 701-707.
McGinness, K.E. & Sauer, R.T. (2004) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 101, 13454–13459.
Moore, S.D., McGinness, K.E. & Sauer, R.T. (2003) Science 300, 127–130. (comment)
McGinness, K.E. & Joyce, G.F. (2003) Chem. Biol. 10, 5–14. (review)
McGinness, K.E., Wright, M.C. & Joyce, G.F. (2002) Chem. Biol. 9, 585–596.
McGinness, K.E. & Joyce, G.F. (2002) Chem. Biol. 9, 297–307.
McGinness, K.E. & Joyce, G.F. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277, 2987–2991.
If you're not on OWW, join now!
- Who's visiting? (Thanks Barry!)
<html> <a href="http://clustrmaps.com/counter/maps.php?url=http://openwetware.org/wiki/Kathleen_McGinness" id="clustrMapsLink"><img src="http://clustrmaps.com/counter/index2.php?url=http://openwetware.org/wiki/Kathleen_McGinness" border=1 alt="Locations of visitors to this page"onError="this.onError=null; this.src='http://www.meetomatic.com/images/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementById('clustrMapsLink').href='http://clustrmaps.com/'"> </a> </html>
- Here is an excellent tutorial on how translation works, with an introduction by the 1971 version of nobel laureate Paul Berg. I'd like to see it in classrooms everywhere. tRNA! peptide bond!