Dr. Jan Stumpner
University of Würzburg
Klinik und Poliklinik für Anästhesiologie
Zentrum Operative Medizin
Oberdürrbacher Str. 6
I work in the Organprotektion Lab at Würzburg University
1992-2000: High school, Rhenanus-Gymnasium, Bad Sooden-Allendorf, Germany
Research Fellow at the Organprotektion Lab
Awards and Honors
2009: Highest award at the 39th Bavarian Meeting of Anesthesiologists for the poster presentation entitled "Sevoflurane-induced postconditioning against myocardial infarction is mediated by cyclooxygenase-2"
2008: 1st price "Weiterbildungscurriculum für Berufsanfänger" at the 38th Bavarian Meeting of Anesthesiologists
2005: Highest award at the 16th European Student's Conference for the talk entitled "The volatile anesthetic Desflurane induces both early and delayed preconditioning against myocardial infarction"
2005: Highest award at the 35th Bavarian Meeting of Anesthesiologists for the poster presentation entitled "Desflurane induces a first and a second window of preconditioning"
- Lange M, Redel A, Smul TM, Lotz C, Nefzger T, Stumpner J, Blomeyer C, Gao F, Roewer N, and Kehl F. Desflurane-induced preconditioning has a threshold that is lowered by repetitive application and is mediated by beta 2-adrenergic receptors. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2009 Oct;23(5):607-13. DOI:10.1053/j.jvca.2009.01.016 |
- Smul TM, Lange M, Redel A, Stumpner J, Lotz CA, Roewer N, and Kehl F. Desflurane-induced cardioprotection against ischemia-reperfusion injury depends on timing. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2009 Oct;23(5):600-6. DOI:10.1053/j.jvca.2008.11.004 |
- Lange M, Redel A, Lotz C, Smul TM, Blomeyer C, Frank A, Stumpner J, Roewer N, and Kehl F. Desflurane-induced postconditioning is mediated by beta-adrenergic signaling: role of beta 1- and beta 2-adrenergic receptors, protein kinase A, and calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II. Anesthesiology. 2009 Mar;110(3):516-28. DOI:10.1097/ALN.0b013e318197ff62 |
- Smul TM, Redel A, Stumpner J, Lange M, Lotz C, Roewer N, and Kehl F. Time course of desflurane-induced preconditioning in rabbits. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2010 Feb;24(1):91-8. DOI:10.1053/j.jvca.2009.03.006 |
- Redel A, Stumpner J, Tischer-Zeitz T, Lange M, Smul TM, Lotz C, Roewer N, and Kehl F. Comparison of isoflurane-, sevoflurane-, and desflurane-induced pre- and postconditioning against myocardial infarction in mice in vivo. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2009 Oct;234(10):1186-91. DOI:10.3181/0902-RM-58 |