- Kwon RY, Lew AJ, and Jacobs CR. A microstructurally informed model for the mechanical response of three-dimensional actin networks. Comput Methods Biomech Biomed Engin. 2008 Aug;11(4):407-18. DOI:10.1080/10255840801888686 |
- Sabsovich I, Clark JD, Liao G, Peltz G, Lindsey DP, Jacobs CR, Yao W, Guo TZ, and Kingery WS. Bone microstructure and its associated genetic variability in 12 inbred mouse strains: microCT study and in silico genome scan. Bone. 2008 Feb;42(2):439-51. DOI:10.1016/j.bone.2007.09.041 |
- You L, Temiyasathit S, Lee P, Kim CH, Tummala P, Yao W, Kingery W, Malone AM, Kwon RY, and Jacobs CR. Osteocytes as mechanosensors in the inhibition of bone resorption due to mechanical loading. Bone. 2008 Jan;42(1):172-9. DOI:10.1016/j.bone.2007.09.047 |
- Malone AM, Anderson CT, Tummala P, Kwon RY, Johnston TR, Stearns T, and Jacobs CR. Primary cilia mediate mechanosensing in bone cells by a calcium-independent mechanism. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007 Aug 14;104(33):13325-30. DOI:10.1073/pnas.0700636104 |
- Kwon RY and Jacobs CR. Time-dependent deformations in bone cells exposed to fluid flow in vitro: investigating the role of cellular deformation in fluid flow-induced signaling. J Biomech. 2007;40(14):3162-8. DOI:10.1016/j.jbiomech.2007.04.003 |
- Malone AM, Batra NN, Shivaram G, Kwon RY, You L, Kim CH, Rodriguez J, Jair K, and Jacobs CR. The role of actin cytoskeleton in oscillatory fluid flow-induced signaling in MC3T3-E1 osteoblasts. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007 May;292(5):C1830-6. DOI:10.1152/ajpcell.00352.2005 |
Kim, C.H., You, L., Yellowley, C.E., Jacobs, C.R., Oscillatory Fluid Flow-Induced shear stress decreases osteoclastogenesis through RANKL and OPG signaling. Bone, 39:1043-1047, 2006. 
Batra, N.N., Li, Y.J., Yellowley, C.E., You, L., Malone, A.M., Kim, C.H., Jacobs, C.R., Effects of Short-Term Recovery Periods on Fluid-Induced Signaling in Osteoblastic Cells. Journal of Biomechanics, 38:1909-1917, 2005. 
Li, Y.J., Batra, N.N., Meier, S.C., Coe, I.A., Yellowley, C.E., Jacobs, C.R., Oscillatory Fluid Flow Affects Human Marrow Stromal Cell Proliferation and Differentiation. Journal of Orthopaedic Research, 22:1283-1289, 2004. 
Reilly, G.C., Haut, T.R., Yellowley, C.E., Donahue, H.J., Jacobs, C.R., Fluid Flow Induced PGE2 Release by Bone Cells is Reduced by Glycocalyx Degradation Whereas Calcium Signals Are Not. Biorheology, 40:591-603, 2003. 
Haut Donahue, T.L., Haut, T.R., Yellowley, C.E., Donahue, H.J., Jacobs, C.R., Mechanosensitivity of Bone Cells to Oscillating Fluid Flow-Induced Shear Stress May be Modulated by Chemotransport. Journal of Biomechanics, 36:1363-71, 2003. 
Haut Donahue, T.L., Hull, M.L., Rashid, M.M., Jacobs, C.R., How the Stiffness of Meniscal Attachments and Meniscal Material Properties Affect Tibio-Femoral Contact Pressure Computed Using a Validated Finite Element Model of the Human Knee Joint. Journal of Biomechanics, 36:19-34, 2003.
Donahue, S.W., Donahue, H.J., Jacobs, C.R., Osteoblastic Cells Have Refractory Periods for Fluid-flow-induced Intracellular Calcium Oscillations for Short Bouts of Flow and Display Multiple Low-Magnitude Oscillations During Long-term Flow. Journal of Biomechanics, 36:35-43, 2003. 
Haut, T.L., Hull, M.L., Rashid, M.M., Jacobs, C.R., A Finite Element Model of the Human Knee Joint for the Study of Tibio-Femoral Contact. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 124:273-280, 2002.
Saunders, M.M., You, J., Trosko, J.E., Yamasaki, H., Li, Z, Donahue, H.J., Jacobs, C.R. Gap Junctions and Fluid Flow Response MC3T3-E1 Cells. American Journal of Physiology, 281:C1917-1925, 2001. 
You J, Reilly GC, Zhen X, Yellowley CE, Chen Q, Donahue HJ, Jacobs CR. Osteopontin gene regulation by oscillatory fluid flow via intracellular calcium mobilization and activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase in MC3T3-E1 osteoblasts. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 276:13365-13371, 2001. 
You J, Yellowley CE, Donahue HJ, Jacobs CR. Substrate deformation levels associated with routine physical activity are less stimulatory to bone cells relative to loading-induced oscillatory fluid flow. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 133:387-393, 2000. 
Jacobs CR. The mechanobiology of cancellous bone structural adaptation. Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development, 37:209-216, 2000.
Jacobs CR, Yellowley CE, Nelson DR, Donahue HJ. A novel application of rainflow cycle counting to time-varying biophysical time data. Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering, 3:31-40, 2000.
Jacobs CR, Davis BR, Rieger CJ, Francis JJ, Saad M, Fyhrie DP. The impact of boundary conditions and mesh size on the accuracy of cancellous bone tissue modulus determination using large scale finite element modeling. Journal of Biomechanics, 32:1159-1164, 1999.
Black, K.P., Saunders, M., Stube, K.C., Moulton, M.J.R., Jacobs, C.R. Effects of Interference Fit Screw Length on Tibial Tunnel Fixation for Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. American Journal of Sports Medicine, 28:846-849, 2000.
Fernandes P, Rodrigues H, Jacobs C. A model of bone adaptation using a global optimisation criterion based on the trajectorial theory of Wolff. Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering, 2:125-138, 1999.
Black KP, Schneider DJ, Yu JR, Jacobs CR. Biomechanics of the Bankart repair: The relationship between glenohumeral translation and labral fixation site. American Journal of Sports Medicine, 27:339-344, 1999.
Segal LS, Schneider MD, Berlin JM, Bruno A, Davis BR, Jacobs CR. The contribution of the ossific nucleus to the structural stiffness of the capital femoral epiphysis: A porcine models for DDH. Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics, 19:433-437, 1999.
Barr JD, Hoffman EJ, Davis BR, Edgar KA, Jacobs CR. Microcatheter adhesion of cyanoacrylates: Comparison of normal butyl cyanoacrylates to 2-hexyl cyanoacrylates. Journal of Vascular and Interventional Radiology, 10:165-168, 1999.
Jacobs CR, Yellowley CE, Davis BR, Zhou Z, Cimbala JM, Donahue JH. Differential effect of steady versus oscillating flow bon bone cells. Journal of Biomechanics, 31:969-976, ESB Research Award 1998. 
Jacobs CR, Eckstein F. Computer simulation of subchondral bone adaptation to mechanical loading in an incongruous joint. The Anatomical Record, 249(3):317-326, 1997.