Individual Journal Week 12
Analyzing and Interpreting STEM Results
- Why did you select this profile?
- I selected profile 45 because for the first 3 times, it had a pattern of upregulation. The t120 time is clearly downregulated, suggesting a possible response to cold-shock that changes at t120.
- How many genes belong to this profile?
- How many genes were expected to belong to this profile?
- What is the p value for the enrichment of genes in this profile?
- How many GO terms are associated with this profile at p<0.05?
- How many GO terms are associated with this profile with a corrected p value <0.05?
- Look up the definitions for each of the terms at http://geneontology.org. Write a paragraph that describes the biological interpretation of these GO terms. In other words, why does the cell react to cold shock by changing the expression of genes associated with these GO terms?
- GO:0008186-RNA-dependent ATPase activity: Catalysis of the reaction: ATP + H2O = ADP + phosphate; this reaction requires the presence of RNA, and it drives another reaction.
- GO:0034661-ncRNA catabolic process:The chemical reactions and pathways resulting in the breakdown of non-coding RNA transcripts (ncRNAs). Includes the breakdown of cryptic unstable transcripts (CUTs).
- GO:0006400-tRNA modification:The covalent alteration of one or more nucleotides within a tRNA molecule to produce a tRNA molecule with a sequence that differs from that coded genetically.
- GO:0019843-rRNA binding:Interacting selectively and non-covalently with ribosomal RNA.
- GO:0043634-polyadenylation-dependent ncRNA catabolic process:The chemical reactions and pathways resulting in the breakdown of a noncoding RNA (ncRNA) molecule, initiated by the enzymatic addition of a sequence of adenylyl residues (polyadenylation) at the 3' end the target ncRNA.
- GO:0071029-nuclear ncRNA surveillance:The set of processes involved in identifying and degrading defective or aberrant ncRNAs within the nucleus.
- GO:0071046-nuclear polyadenylation-dependent ncRNA catabolic process:The chemical reactions and pathways occurring in the nucleus and resulting in the breakdown of a noncoding RNA (ncRNA) molecule, initiated by the enzymatic addition of a sequence of adenylyl residues (polyadenylation) at the 3' end the target ncRNA
- GO:0000467-exonucleolytic trimming to generate mature 3'-end of 5.8S rRNA from tricistronic rRNA transcript (SSU-rRNA, 5.8S rRNA, LSU-rRNA):Exonucleolytic digestion of a pre-rRNA molecule to generate the mature 3'-end of a 5.8S rRNA molecule derived from an originally tricistronic pre-rRNA transcript that contained the Small Subunit (SSU) rRNA, the 5.8S rRNA, and the Large Subunit (LSU) rRNA in that order from 5' to 3' along the primary transcript.
- GO:0004004-ATP-dependent RNA helicase activity:Catalysis of the reaction: ATP + H2O = ADP + phosphate; this reaction drives the unwinding of an RNA helix.
- GO:0000054-ribosomal subunit export from nucleus:The directed movement of a ribosomal subunit from the nucleus into the cytoplasm.