Several folks made invaluable contributions to this project. We'd like to thank them here.
- Natalia Dudareva, Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture, Purdue University: gifts of expression vectors encoding BAMT, SAMT and BSMT enzymes.
- Eran Pichersky, Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan: suggestion of eliminating indole from Escherichia coli to mitigate the natural "bad" smell.
- Mary Berlyn, CGSC, The Coli Genetic Stock Center: Esherichia coli strain YYC912.
- Brian Cook, Department of Biological Engineering, MIT: valuable discussions.
- Cornelia Reimmann, Department of Fundamental Microbiology, University of Lausanne: gift of an expression vector carrying the pchBA coding region.
- Dieter Haas, Department of Fundamental Microbiology, University of Lausanne: gift of the Pseudomonas fluorescens strain CHA0.
- Peter Bakker, Utrecht University, The Netherlands: gift of an expression vector carrying the pmsCEAB coding region, as well as, gift of the Pseudomonas fluorescens strain WCS374.
- Herbert P. Schweizer, Professor and Associate Head for Graduate Education and Research, Colorado State University: gift of the pUCP22 Esherichia coli to Pseudomonas shuttle vector.
- Caroline Ajo-Franklin, Department of Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School: gift of a yeast, BioBricks vector.