In-Veso Gene Expression: Specifications
The specifications outline the characteristics of the chassis being sought, and the quantities that will be varied in experiments. The range for each input variable is also detailed. All lists are prioritised in order to help planning of experiments.
Range from 4-37oC with priorities at:
These are the different media the technique should be tested in, in order of priority:
- E. coli Biofilm
- Agar Gel
Note: take into account Osmolarity of the media.
List of parts from the registry we would like to test in-veso.
How narrow a pipe, and how fast, can the vesicles be passed through without bursting? Testing range..?
This is valuable for determining the spray system to be used in the Biofilm application. It also helps with laboratory manipulations - pipetting, etc.
- Measured in hours
Rate of protein synthesis
- The units will depend on the reporter being used, as well as the volumetric unit.
Rate of PoPs
- Indirectly measured in GFP synthesis per CFU per second.
- List of particles that can cross the α-hemolysin pores
These are the resources that are available to us:
- IC Specialists
The following chart cross-references the input variables to the dependent quantities. Each cell will link to the protocols in the design section relevant to that relationship.
|Lifespan|| Rate of Protein
|PoPS Effect||Membrane Traffic|
Things to look out for
- Comparison with the efficiency of other chassis
- Limitations of type of proteins made in the vesicles