Hoatlin:Internal Lab Site
- 1 Lab Meetings
- 2 Reference
- 3 Grant Links
- 4 Xenopus Resources
- 5 Funding Resources
- 6 Lab Instructions, Orientation
- 7 Writing and Teaching Resources
- 8 Invention and Tech Transfer
- 9 Career Development
- 10 Lunch Delivery
- 11 Lab Events
- 12 Birthdays
- 13 Photo Extravaganza
- 14 Anouncements, Rants, FYI
- 15 Calendar
- 16 Visitors
Tuesdays in MRB 634, 2PM-3:30.
Collected from Bruce Blumberg's excellent Xine.
- Xine in html format, back issues
- Links to useful sources of information for Xenopus (in no particular order) general interest and utility
- Trans NIH Xenopus initiative
- Harland lab X. tropicalis site
- Grainger lab X. tropicalis site
- Amy Sater's X. tropicalis genetic map site
- Information on the X. tropicalis listserver
- Peter Vize's Xenopus über database
- Zimmerman Lab X. tropicalis website, database of mutants
- Genomic resources
- XDB at NIBB - Naoto Ueno's X. laevis EST database
- Xenopus gene collection
- full length collection at the Gurdon Institute
- JGI X. tropicalis genome site with browser and other info
- AXELDB - Christof Niehrs' Xenopus database
Lab Instructions, Orientation
Please follow these guidelines. Any questions please see Maureen:
Writing and Teaching Resources
- Facts page on grammer, usage, and style
- Some basic tips for NIH grant writing
- Recommended books for paper and grant writing
Excellent books on writing (all are in the lab, ask Stacie for them):
The Elements of Style (by William Strunk Jr. and E.B. White)
Style: Ten Lessons in Clarity & Grace (by Joseph M. Williams)
The Craft of Research (by Wayne C. Booth, Gregory G. Colomb and Joseph M. Williams)
The Oxford Dictionary of American Style and Usage (by Bryan A. Garner)
The Craft of Scientific Writing (by Michael Alley)
The Craft of Scientific presentations (by Michael Alley)
How to Write and Publish a Scientific Paper (Robert A. Day)
Invention and Tech Transfer
Note: PDF reprints are provided below within the context of fair use. Please obtain copies from the publisher if appropriate.
Special Occasion? Lab Meeting? Project/Grant going to keep you in the lab all night? Refuse to eat at the SnakePit again?
It is strawberry time at Sauvie Island. This and the arrival of sunny days and our summer interns Hanna and Victor demands a lab outing. Dates?
Berry picking time--lab outing dates??
- Maureen - May 31
- Alex - June 12
- Alexis - July 12
- Victor-August 8
Anouncements, Rants, FYI
- office delivery for veggies. Anyone interested?
Last day of work for Hanna and Victor?
- Victor's last day is probably Friday, 8/25/06.
Victor's daily contribution
- June 21, 2006: Hi!!!
- June 22, 2006: Opened a gmail account - vwong65 AT gmail DOT com
<html> <a href="http://clustrmaps.com/counter/maps.php?url=http://openwetware.org/wiki/Hoatlin_Lab" id="clustrMapsLink"><img src="http://clustrmaps.com/counter/index2.php?url=http://openwetware.org/wiki/Hoatlin_Lab" border=1 alt="Locations of visitors to this page"onError="this.onError=null; this.src='http://www.meetomatic.com/images/clustrmaps-back-soon.jpg'; document.getElementById('clustrMapsLink').href='http://clustrmaps.com/'"> </a> </html>
Back to Main Page Hoatlin Lab