Difference between revisions of "Haynes:LitReviewNov2013"
(→Fall 2013, 11/11/13)
(→Molecular and Cellular Biology)
|Line 45:||Line 45:|
==Molecular and Cellular Biology==
==Molecular and Cellular Biology==
#(2013) '''Expression of Polycomb Targets Predicts Breast Cancer Prognosis.''' Alba Jene-Sanz, Renáta Váraljai, Alexandra V. Vilkova, ''et. al.''. Molecular and Cellular Biology. 33:3951-3961. [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23918806 Link]. <br>'''Summary'''.<br><br>
Revision as of 12:21, 11 November 2013
- 1 Fall 2013, 11/11/13
- 1.1 ACS Synthetic Biology
- 1.2 Cell
- 1.3 Frontiers in Microbiotechnology
- 1.4 Journal of Biological Engineering
- 1.5 Molecular Biology of the Cell
- 1.6 Molecular and Cellular Biology
- 1.7 Nature
- 1.8 Nature Biotechnology
- 1.9 Nature Methods
- 1.10 Nature Molecular Systems Biology
- 1.11 Public Library of Science Biology (PLoS Biology)
- 1.12 Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS)
- 1.13 Science
- 1.14 Miscellaneous Reviews and Media
Fall 2013, 11/11/13
Use the following text format EXACTLY as it is shown below...
- (year) Title. Author One, Author Two, and Author Three et al. Journal. Volume:pages. Link.
Summary: Very short explanation of why this paper is relevant/ interesting.
- (2011) Engineering a Photoactivated Caspase-7 for Rapid Induction of Apoptosis. Evan Mills, Xi Chen, Elizabeth Pham, Stanley Wong, and Kevin Truong et al. ACS Synthetic Biology 2012 1.3:75-82. Link.
Summary: A group from University of Toronto developed a protein that causes rapid apotosis (cell death) of targeted cells.
Open edit mode and copy the example list above. Do not erase the <br><br> tags. Do not use keyboard line returns to space out the numbered list, or else each item will start with the number 1.
ACS Synthetic Biology
Frontiers in Microbiotechnology
Journal of Biological Engineering
- (2013) Hidden hysteresis – population dynamics can obscure gene network dynamics. Phillip Poisson and Kaustubh D Bhalerao Journal of Biological Engineering . 7:16. Link.
They use a bistable gene network in E-coli to show that the cells concentration will affect the hysteresis and change the steady state level of gene expression. Higher cell concentration show higher hysteresis due to positive feedback loop effects. This research shows that cell concentration should be considered in designing the synthetic gene circuit for long term application.
- (2013) A survey of enabling technologies in synthetic biology. Linda J Kahl and Drew Endy Journal of Biological Engineering . 7:13. Link. This is a survey that they did between synthetic biology researchers to find out their opinions and experiences with available technologies such as public and private registries of biological parts, standard methods for physical assembly of DNA constructs, genomic databases that they've used to move forward they researches. This survey try to show the real potential of these technologies and their actual impacts on synthetic biology researches.
- (2013) A standard vector for the chromosomal integration and characterization of BioBrick™ parts in Escherichia coli . Susanna Zucca12, Lorenzo Pasotti and et al. Journal of Biological Engineering . 7:12. Link. In this research they designed an integrative vector which has the BioBricks standard restriction sites and be able to integrate the designed part to the target site in E-coli genome with bacteriophage integration mechanism or homologous recombination.
- (2013) Whole-genome screening identifies proteins localized to distinct nuclear bodies. Ka-wing Fong, Yujing Li, Wenqi Wang et al. Journal of Cell Biology. 203 (1): 149. Link.
Summery: Fong et al. performed a genome-wide microscopy-based screening for proteins that form nuclear foci and characterized their localizations using markers of known nuclear bodies. In total, they identified 325 proteins localized to distinct nuclear bodies, including Polycomb Repressive Complex(PRC1 & PRC2)
Molecular Biology of the Cell
Molecular and Cellular Biology
- (2013) Expression of Polycomb Targets Predicts Breast Cancer Prognosis. Alba Jene-Sanz, Renáta Váraljai, Alexandra V. Vilkova, et. al.. Molecular and Cellular Biology. 33:3951-3961. Link.
- (2010) Epigenetic modifications in pluripotent and differentiated cells. Alexander Meissner. Nature Biotechnology. 28.10: 1079-1088. Link
Review article that summarizes the major methods of epigenetic modification and their use in manipulating cell states.
Nature Molecular Systems Biology
- (2011) Engineering microbes to sense and eradicate Pseudomonas aeruginosa, a human pathogen. Nazanin Saeidi, Choon Kit Wong, Tat-Ming Lo, et al. Nature Molecular Systems Biology. 7.521:1-11 Link
A group from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore developed engineered E.coli that sense 3OC-12 HSL from P. aeruginosa and express pyocin toxin. Reduced viable P. aeruginosa cells by 99% and inhibited biofilm formation by 90%.
Public Library of Science Biology (PLoS Biology)
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS)