Difference between revisions of "Harmer Lab:Stacey Harmer"
(New page: I am an assistant professor in the [http://www-plb.ucdavis.edu/ Department of Plant Biology] at the [http://www.ucdavis.edu/index.html University of California, Davis]. My [[Harmer Lab|la...)
Revision as of 11:49, 20 March 2009
I am an assistant professor in the Department of Plant Biology at the University of California, Davis. My lab studies the molecular basis of circadian rhythms and how these daily rhythms affect plant physiology.
Stacey L. Harmer
Department of Plant Biology, LS 1002
University of California, Davis
One Shields Ave
Davis, CA 95616
2129 Life Sciences
(530) 752-8101 (voice)
(530) 752-5410 (fax)
2123 Life Sciences
slharmer at ucdavis.edu
- 1998-2002 Postdoctoral Scholar, The Scripps Research Institute. Advisor: Steve Kay.
- 1998 Ph.D. University of California, San Francisco. Advisor: Tony DeFranco.
- 1991 B. A. University of California, Berkeley.
One of the great things about living in Davis is that we are close to the Sierra Nevada. For photos of some of my adventures there and elsewhere, please visit this simple photo gallery. Another wonderful thing about Davis is the twice-weekly Farmer's Market.
- Array. .
- Covington MF, Maloof JN, Straume M, Kay SA, and Harmer SL. Global transcriptome analysis reveals circadian regulation of key pathways in plant growth and development. Genome Biol. 2008;9(8):R130. DOI:10.1186/gb-2008-9-8-r130 |
- Martin-Tryon EL and Harmer SL. XAP5 CIRCADIAN TIMEKEEPER coordinates light signals for proper timing of photomorphogenesis and the circadian clock in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2008 May;20(5):1244-59. DOI:10.1105/tpc.107.056655 |
- Gong, W., He, K., Covington, M.F., Dinesh-Kumar, S.P., Snyder, M., Harmer, S.L., Zhu, X., and Deng, X.P. (2008). The development of protein microarrays and their applications in DNA-protein and protein-protein interaction analyses of Arabidopsis transcription factors. Molecular Plant, 1(1): 27 – 41.
- Covington MF and Harmer SL. The circadian clock regulates auxin signaling and responses in Arabidopsis. PLoS Biol. 2007 Aug;5(8):e222. DOI:10.1371/journal.pbio.0050222 |
- Martin-Tryon EL, Kreps JA, and Harmer SL. GIGANTEA acts in blue light signaling and has biochemically separable roles in circadian clock and flowering time regulation. Plant Physiol. 2007 Jan;143(1):473-86. DOI:10.1104/pp.106.088757 |
- Walley JW, Coughlan S, Hudson ME, Covington MF, Kaspi R, Banu G, Harmer SL, and Dehesh K. Mechanical stress induces biotic and abiotic stress responses via a novel cis-element. PLoS Genet. 2007 Oct;3(10):1800-12. DOI:10.1371/journal.pgen.0030172 |
- Nozue K, Covington MF, Duek PD, Lorrain S, Fankhauser C, Harmer SL, and Maloof JN. Rhythmic growth explained by coincidence between internal and external cues. Nature. 2007 Jul 19;448(7151):358-61. DOI:10.1038/nature05946 |
- Oliverio KA, Crepy M, Martin-Tryon EL, Milich R, Harmer SL, Putterill J, Yanovsky MJ, and Casal JJ. GIGANTEA regulates phytochrome A-mediated photomorphogenesis independently of its role in the circadian clock. Plant Physiol. 2007 May;144(1):495-502. DOI:10.1104/pp.107.097048 |
- Harmer SL and Kay SA. Positive and negative factors confer phase-specific circadian regulation of transcription in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2005 Jul;17(7):1926-40. DOI:10.1105/tpc.105.033035 |
- Farré EM, Harmer SL, Harmon FG, Yanovsky MJ, and Kay SA. Overlapping and distinct roles of PRR7 and PRR9 in the Arabidopsis circadian clock. Curr Biol. 2005 Jan 11;15(1):47-54. DOI:10.1016/j.cub.2004.12.067 |
- Alabadí D, Yanovsky MJ, Más P, Harmer SL, and Kay SA. Critical role for CCA1 and LHY in maintaining circadian rhythmicity in Arabidopsis. Curr Biol. 2002 Apr 30;12(9):757-61.
- Harmer SL, Panda S, and Kay SA. Molecular bases of circadian rhythms. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol. 2001;17:215-53. DOI:10.1146/annurev.cellbio.17.1.215 |
- Harmer SL, Hogenesch JB, Straume M, Chang HS, Han B, Zhu T, Wang X, Kreps JA, and Kay SA. Orchestrated transcription of key pathways in Arabidopsis by the circadian clock. Science. 2000 Dec 15;290(5499):2110-3.
- Harmer SL and DeFranco AL. The src homology domain 2-containing inositol phosphatase SHIP forms a ternary complex with Shc and Grb2 in antigen receptor-stimulated B lymphocytes. J Biol Chem. 1999 Apr 23;274(17):12183-91.
- Harmer SL and DeFranco AL. Shc contains two Grb2 binding sites needed for efficient formation of complexes with SOS in B lymphocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 1997 Jul;17(7):4087-95.
- Biemann HP, Harmer SL, and Koshland DE Jr. An aspartate/insulin receptor chimera mitogenically activates fibroblasts. J Biol Chem. 1996 Nov 1;271(44):27927-30.
- Crowley MT, Harmer SL, and DeFranco AL. Activation-induced association of a 145-kDa tyrosine-phosphorylated protein with Shc and Syk in B lymphocytes and macrophages. J Biol Chem. 1996 Jan 12;271(2):1145-52.
- Bradfisch GA and Harmer SL. omega-Conotoxin GVIA and nifedipine inhibit the depolarizing action of the fungal metabolite, destruxin B on muscle from the tobacco budworm (Heliothis virescens). Toxicon. 1990;28(11):1249-54.