DataONE:Open Research Output Early Adopters Study
This DataONE OpenWetWare site contains informal notes for several research projects funded through DataONE. DataONE is a collaboration among many partner organizations, and is funded by the US National Science Foundation (NSF) under a Cooperative Agreement.
This notebook contains information related to the Open Research Output Early Adopters Study.
- Serial number
- Interviewer Server/HTML player
- Interviewer Server CATI / HTML player
- Interviewer Server CATI / TTY player
- Data Entry Player
- Completed successfully
- Active / In progress
- Timed out
- Stopped by script
- Stopped by respondent
- Interview system shutdown
- Stopped by signal
- Test data
- Interview start time
- Interview finish time
- Metadata version
- Interview termination signal
- Failed Experiments
- Other (please specify)
- No Answer
Q2: Is your information public or private?
Q3: How frequently do you upload materials?
Q4: Do you ever change or update what you have previously uploaded?
- I want to be cited for my contributions
- I want my output to be preserved into the future
- Figshare gives my finished products a DOI
- I need a place to store my work
- Figshare allows me to store information that wouldn‚Äôt be available to others otherwise
- My institution or someone I work with suggested I store things here
- I uploaded data because a journal publisher required data deposit related to my article
- Storing my work on Figshare makes it easily discoverable
- Figshare is cool
- It‚Äôs free
- I‚Äôm experimenting to see what Figshare is about
- I don‚Äôt have a disciplinary repository to which I can submit my data
- I don‚Äôt have a local / institutional repository to which I can submit my data
- Figshare presents my data effectively
- Other (please specify) 2
- No Answer 2
- Figures 2
- Tables 2
- Datasets 2
- Articles 2
- Methods 2
- Failed Experiments 2
- Other (please specify) 3
- None 2
- No Answer 3
Q7: How many of the things contributed by others have you found useful?
- Name of researcher / submitter
- Institutional affiliation of researcher / submitter
- Presence / quality of metadata
- Topic / discipline
- Other (please specify) 4
- No Answer 4
Q9: Why not download?
- I didn‚Äôt need it
- I don‚Äôt trust the quality
- It was not my subject area
- There was not enough information of interest to me
- Other (please specify) 5
- No Answer 5
Do you put your research data in multiple places?
Where is your research data stored?
- Easy to use interface
- Easy to fill in metadata form
- Flexible licensing
- Ease of deposit process
- Trust in the repository managers
- Has been around for many years
- Other (please specify) 6
- No Answer 6
- I put the data in a different place (please specify)
- Lack of funding
- Lack of standards
- People don‚Äôt need them
- There is insufficient time to make them available
- There is no place to put them
- They shouldn‚Äôt be available
- Sponsor doesn‚Äôt require it
- Don‚Äôt have the rights to make the data public
- I would lose control of the data
- I need to publish first
- I have insufficient skills
- Other (please specify) 7
- There are no datasets that I didn‚Äôt upload to figshare
- No Answer 7
In what year were you born?
Which one of the following best describes your primary work sector?
What is your primary subject discipline?
- What is your primary subject discipline? 2
- What is your primary subject discipline? 3
- What is your primary subject discipline? 4
- What is your primary subject discipline? 5
- What is your primary subject discipline? 6
- What is your primary subject discipline? 7
- What is your primary subject discipline? 8
- What is your primary subject discipline? 9
- What is your primary subject discipline? 10
- What is your primary subject discipline? 11
- What is your primary subject discipline? 12
- What is your primary subject discipline? 13
Which country is your primary place of employment?
Please also indicate your primary state (or US territory) of employment
- Please share any additional thoughts about Figshare and/or data sharing.
- Please share any additional thoughts about Figshare and/or data sharing. 2
- Please share any additional thoughts about Figshare and/or data sharing. 3
- Please share any additional thoughts about Figshare and/or data sharing. 4
- Please share any additional thoughts about Figshare and/or data sharing. 5
- Please share any additional thoughts about Figshare and/or data sharing. 6