Protocol for the Ambion DNA-free DNase kit. This uses a DNase inactivating reagent and thus avoids the DNase heat inactivation step that makes me nervous.
List reagents, supplies and equipment necessary to perform the protocol here. For those materials which have their own OWW pages, link to that page. Alternatively, links to the suppliers' page on that material are also appropriate.
- supply 1 (i.e. tubes of a certain size? spreaders?)
- reagent 1
- X μL reagent 2
- component A (reagent 2 is made up of multiple components)
- component B
- equipment 1
- equipment 2
- In order to DNase 20ug of RNA in a 100ul reaction, mixup the following:
- 10ul 10X DNase buffer
- 78ul dH20
- 2ul DNase
- 10ul RNA(1ug/ul)
- Incubate at 37° C for 20-30 min.
- Add 0.1 volume resuspended DNase Inactivation Reagent.
- Incubate 2 min at RT mixing every 30s.
- Centrifuge at 10,000xg for 1.5 min.
- Transfer solution to a new tube avoiding pelleted Inactivation Reagent.
- List troubleshooting tips here.
- You can also link to FAQs/tips provided by other sources such as the manufacturer or other websites.
- Anecdotal observations that might be of use to others can also be posted here.
Please sign your name to your note by adding '''*~~~~''': to the beginning of your tip.
Relevant papers and books
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. An amplified sensitivity arising from covalent modification in biological systems. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981 Nov;78(11):6840-4.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. Genetic regulatory mechanisms in the synthesis of proteins. J Mol Biol. 1961 Jun;3:318-56.
- Who has experience with this protocol?
or instead, discuss this protocol.