SynBio @ Caltech
- We are a journal club at Caltech, getting graduate students together to discuss synthetic biology and metabolic engineering.
- First meeting 1/19/2011, 4pm, location TBA.
We'll start with a broad introduction to popular topics in synthetic biology, then figure out the logistics for future weeks - this will most likely involve rotating responsibility for presenting material each week.
- Week 1: Introduction to Synthetic Biology (Emzo and Joe)
- Synthetic biology: new engineering rules for an emerging discipline. Andrianantoandro E, Basu S, Karig DK and Weiss R. Mol Sys Bio. 2:2006.0028 
- Week 2: Transcriptional Circuits (Emzo)
- Week 3: Oscillators & Dynamics (Emzo)
- Week 4: RNA Based Regulation (Joe)
- Week 5: Multiple Genes - Gene Network Engineering (Joe)
- Week 6: Multiple Cells - Quorum Sensing and Cell-Cell Communication (Joe)