CH391L/S13/Synthetic Meats and Organs
Introduction to Synthetic Meats and Organs
Meat and Organ Production
New Aged Butcher Shop
IGEM Take Home Message
Opinions and Ethics
- Benjaminson MA, Gilchriest JA, and Lorenz M. In vitro edible muscle protein production system (MPPS): stage 1, fish. Acta Astronaut. 2002 Dec;51(12):879-89.
- Ott HC, Matthiesen TS, Goh SK, Black LD, Kren SM, Netoff TI, and Taylor DA. Perfusion-decellularized matrix: using nature's platform to engineer a bioartificial heart. Nat Med. 2008 Feb;14(2):213-21. DOI:10.1038/nm1684 |
- Possibilities for an in vitro meat production system
- Meeting the demand: An estimation of potential future greenhouse gas emissions from meat production
- The role of bioreactors in tissue engineering
- Carrier RL, Papadaki M, Rupnick M, Schoen FJ, Bursac N, Langer R, Freed LE, and Vunjak-Novakovic G. Cardiac tissue engineering: cell seeding, cultivation parameters, and tissue construct characterization. Biotechnol Bioeng. 1999 Sep 5;64(5):580-9.