For Monday, January 28th, 2013
- Register to use the OpenWetWare Wiki.
- Learn how to edit pages.
- Play around in the WIki sandbox.
- Leave at least one comment on the Talk page or make at least one addition to either Introduction to Synthetic Biology or Ethics of synthetic biology.
- Add at least one event to the "Timeline of Synthetic Biology" in the Introduction to Synthetic Biology with a link or citation.
- Read articles for discussion:
- BioBricks and the iGEM registry (Tyler)
- DNA Assembly: From Genes to Genomes (Gabe)
- Ethics/DIY Biology Movement (????)
For Monday, February 4th, 2013
- Gibson DG, Benders GA, Andrews-Pfannkoch C, Denisova EA, Baden-Tillson H, Zaveri J, Stockwell TB, Brownley A, Thomas DW, Algire MA, Merryman C, Young L, Noskov VN, Glass JI, Venter JC, Hutchison CA 3rd, and Smith HO. Complete chemical synthesis, assembly, and cloning of a Mycoplasma genitalium genome. Science. 2008 Feb 29;319(5867):1215-20. DOI:10.1126/science.1151721 |
For DNA Assembly
- Refactoring (Neil)
- Minimal / "clean" genomes (Evan)
- CAD for Synthetic Biology (Kevin)
For Monday, February 11th, 2013
- Ancestral sequence reconstruction (Aurko)
- Directed protein evolution (Max)
- In vitro nucleic acid selection (Alvaro)
For Monday, February 18th, 2013
- Biocontainment (Thomas)
- Bioprospecting / Metagenomics (Andre)
- New Marker Genes (Ben)