Difference between revisions of "Bitan:Electron microscopy"
Revision as of 12:27, 19 November 2009
Glow discharge the grid
1. Clean the jar.
2. Adjust the height of the sample holder.
3. Assemble the circular electrode in the chamber over the holder.
4. Place grids in the center of the holder, close the chamber.
5. Switch the button to HTS.
6. Turn off (tight) the gas release.
7. Turn on the pump unit.
8. Switch the button to glow.
9. Check the glow time is 60s
10. Click Main button.
11. Release the gas carefully to keep the pressure at 60 mba
13. Turn the charge switch to 4-5
14. 60s later turn the charge back to 0.
15. Release the gas.
16. Turn off the Main button.
17. After the gas is balanced, unclip the bell jar and take out the grids.
18. Put the jar back.
19. Sign on notebook.
1. Take UAc 4% and glutaraldehyde 25% from refrigerate.
2. Dilute UAc to 1% and glutaraldehyde to 2.5%.
3. Clip the edge of discharged grid with tweezer.
4. 8 uL of sample solution was dropped on the grid carefully and incubate for 10 min. (the incubation time determine on the sample properties and concentration.)
5. Remove the solution with whatman paper.
6. 5 uL of 2.5% glutaraldehyde is dropped on the grid and then incubate for 10’.
7. Remove the solution with whatman paper.
8. 5 uL of 1% glutaraldehyde is dropped on the grid and then incubate for 10’.
9. Remove the solution with whatman paper and air-dry the grid.
10. Place the grid into gird-storage box.