Difference between revisions of "Biomod/2012/IIT-Madras/AcidArtists/Project"
(New page: <h2>Controlled Activation of a structure</h2> <p>The functionality of a structure is not always desirable. To accomplish this, we need a device similar to an electronic logic gate, that is...)
Revision as of 09:10, 2 November 2012
Controlled Activation of a structure
The functionality of a structure is not always desirable. To accomplish this, we need a device similar to an electronic logic gate, that is switched on only under certain conditions. An analogous concept on the nanoscale is DNA Logic Gates.
Relation with an electrical logic gate
- Input wires - Single stranded “input” DNA Molecules
- Output Wires - Single stranded DNA Molecule released due to interaction of Input DNA Strand with gate complex
- Gate Complex - Corresponds to a partially double stranded DNA Complex (Gate Complex), consisting of 2 strands. The base strand, and the bound output strand
- Signal - Concentration of Strands
- Current flowing in a wire = Exposed toehold domain of a strand. A DNA strand having an exposed toehold domain is called as “Active”