Difference between revisions of "Banta"
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
<!--Include info about your educational background-->
<!--Include info about your educational background-->
|Line 41:||Line 42:|
Revision as of 17:28, 14 June 2009
- Scott Banta
- Columbia University
- 820 Mudd MC4721
- 500 W 120th St
- New York, NY 10027
- Email me through OpenWetWare
- 2002, PhD, Rutgers University
- 2000, MS, Rutgers University
- 1997, BSE, University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC)
- Chockalingam K, Lu HD, and Banta S. Development of a bacteriophage-based system for the selection of structured peptides. Anal Biochem. 2009 May 1;388(1):122-7. DOI:10.1016/j.ab.2009.01.042 |
- Simon MJ, Gao S, Kang WH, Banta S, and Morrison B 3rd. TAT-mediated intracellular protein delivery to primary brain cells is dependent on glycosaminoglycan expression. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2009 Sep 1;104(1):10-9. DOI:10.1002/bit.22377 |
- Gao S, Simon MJ, Morrison B 3rd, and Banta S. Bifunctional chimeric fusion proteins engineered for DNA delivery: optimization of the protein to DNA ratio. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2009 Mar;1790(3):198-207. DOI:10.1016/j.bbagen.2009.01.001 |
- Chen XJ, West AC, Cropek DM, and Banta S. Detection of the superoxide radical anion using various alkanethiol monolayers and immobilized cytochrome c. Anal Chem. 2008 Dec 15;80(24):9622-9. DOI:10.1021/ac800796b |
- Glykys DJ and Banta S. Metabolic control analysis of an enzymatic biofuel cell. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2009 Apr 15;102(6):1624-35. DOI:10.1002/bit.22199 |
- Wheeldon IR, Gallaway JW, Barton SC, and Banta S. Bioelectrocatalytic hydrogels from electron-conducting metallopolypeptides coassembled with bifunctional enzymatic building blocks. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008 Oct 7;105(40):15275-80. DOI:10.1073/pnas.0805249105 |
- Casali M, Banta S, Zambonelli C, Megeed Z, and Yarmush ML. Site-directed mutagenesis of the hinge peptide from the hemagglutinin protein: enhancement of the pH-responsive conformational change. Protein Eng Des Sel. 2008 Jun;21(6):395-404. DOI:10.1093/protein/gzn018 |
- Blenner MA and Banta S. Characterization of the 4D5Flu single-chain antibody with a stimulus-responsive elastin-like peptide linker: a potential reporter of peptide linker conformation. Protein Sci. 2008 Mar;17(3):527-36. DOI:10.1110/ps.073257308 |
- Gallaway J, Wheeldon I, Rincon R, Atanassov P, Banta S, and Barton SC. Oxygen-reducing enzyme cathodes produced from SLAC, a small laccase from Streptomyces coelicolor. Biosens Bioelectron. 2008 Mar 14;23(8):1229-35. DOI:10.1016/j.bios.2007.11.004 |
- Wheeldon IR, Barton SC, and Banta S. Bioactive proteinaceous hydrogels from designed bifunctional building blocks. Biomacromolecules. 2007 Oct;8(10):2990-4. DOI:10.1021/bm700858p |
- Banta S, Megeed Z, Casali M, Rege K, and Yarmush ML. Engineering protein and peptide building blocks for nanotechnology. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2007 Feb;7(2):387-401.
- Chockalingam K, Blenner M, and Banta S. Design and application of stimulus-responsive peptide systems. Protein Eng Des Sel. 2007 Apr;20(4):155-61. DOI:10.1093/protein/gzm008 |
- Banta S, Vemula M, Yokoyama T, Jayaraman A, Berthiaume F, and Yarmush ML. Contribution of gene expression to metabolic fluxes in hypermetabolic livers induced through burn injury and cecal ligation and puncture in rats. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2007 May 1;97(1):118-37. DOI:10.1002/bit.21200 |
- Banta S, Yokoyama T, Berthiaume F, and Yarmush ML. Effects of dehydroepiandrosterone administration on rat hepatic metabolism following thermal injury. J Surg Res. 2005 Aug;127(2):93-105. DOI:10.1016/j.jss.2005.01.001 |
- Yokoyama T, Banta S, Berthiaume F, Nagrath D, Tompkins RG, and Yarmush ML. Evolution of intrahepatic carbon, nitrogen, and energy metabolism in a D-galactosamine-induced rat liver failure model. Metab Eng. 2005 Mar;7(2):88-103. DOI:10.1016/j.ymben.2004.09.003 |
- Banta S, Yokoyama T, Berthiaume F, and Yarmush ML. Quantitative effects of thermal injury and insulin on the metabolism of the skeletal muscle using the perfused rat hindquarter preparation. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2004 Dec 5;88(5):613-29. DOI:10.1002/bit.20258 |
- Sanli G, Banta S, Anderson S, and Blaber M. Structural alteration of cofactor specificity in Corynebacterium 2,5-diketo-D-gluconic acid reductase. Protein Sci. 2004 Feb;13(2):504-12. DOI:10.1110/ps.03450704 |
- Yarmush ML and Banta S. Metabolic engineering: advances in modeling and intervention in health and disease. Annu Rev Biomed Eng. 2003;5:349-81. DOI:10.1146/annurev.bioeng.5.031003.163247 |
- Banta S, Boston M, Jarnagin A, and Anderson S. Mathematical modeling of in vitro enzymatic production of 2-Keto-L-gulonic acid using NAD(H) or NADP(H) as cofactors. Metab Eng. 2002 Oct;4(4):273-84.
- Banta S and Anderson S. Verification of a novel NADH-binding motif: combinatorial mutagenesis of three amino acids in the cofactor-binding pocket of Corynebacterium 2,5-diketo-D-gluconic acid reductase. J Mol Evol. 2002 Dec;55(6):623-31. DOI:10.1007/s00239-002-2345-x |
- Banta S, Swanson BA, Wu S, Jarnagin A, and Anderson S. Optimizing an artificial metabolic pathway: engineering the cofactor specificity of Corynebacterium 2,5-diketo-D-gluconic acid reductase for use in vitamin C biosynthesis. Biochemistry. 2002 May 21;41(20):6226-36.
- Banta S, Swanson BA, Wu S, Jarnagin A, and Anderson S. Alteration of the specificity of the cofactor-binding pocket of Corynebacterium 2,5-diketo-D-gluconic acid reductase A. Protein Eng. 2002 Feb;15(2):131-40.