Suggestions about how to run the next session
- As noted last week, on Wednesday's class, spend approximately 20-30 minutes answering "questions posed" about the previous week's presentations. This will reinforce what was learned the previous week, and potentially act as a trasition to that day's discussion. Then the remainder of the time is "up to the people presenting" (i.e., a brief discussion about topics and then one-on-one, or whatever needs to be taken care of...).
--Chris 18:29, 18 April 2007 (EDT)
Suggestions about how the run the next term
- Get the list of class participants from the BMB office (this year I kept waiting for the registration list--bad idea!) and have an organizational meeting in Mid-March so that the sessions can be posted. That way the general faculty, students and postdocs can attend. Also, theoretically anyway, it would give class more time to prepare for the presentations. Maureen 18:44, 18 April 2007 (EDT)
- If this class can be scheduled a different quarter that would be ideal. It's a difficult quarter to be balancing presentations with preparing for qualifying exams for 2nd years. Other than that, I think it would be an even better class if you could attract more genetics and CDB students - again, hard to get 2nd years to commit to anything extra spring quarter.
--Mahtanili 19:30, 23 April 2007 (EDT)
Maureen 19:50, 23 April 2007 (EDT)--I'll suggest this to the Curriculum steering committee. Thanks.
- I think the review session was a hit! Next time the course is offered 2 review sessions should be included (one at mid-term and one at the end). The MC for the section should plan to run the review of that particular topic.
Your Suggestions for Future Themes for Advanced Topics
- concentrate on areas of expertise in the BMB faculty
- Transcription Activation (Jim Lundblad?)
- Regulation of Translation (Bill Skach?, Peter Rotwein?)
--Mahtanili 11:32, 10 May 2007 (EDT)
- What knowledge and experience have you contributed to this course?
- How have your peers aided your learning?
- How has the instructor and/or course materials aided your learning?
- Has anything been hindering your learning?
- Things that are going well
- Things that we can work on
- Things we can’t change