- Post your individual talk titles, bonus materials asap on the proper section in "Materials"
- Send out invitations to faculty for your individual talks and post acceptance so we can get a bigger room if needed
- Post your slides after you give your presentation
- New! A Course Discussion Page is ready for you to populate
Advanced Molecular Biology: Topics and Methods in Modern Molecular Biology. An advanced graduate course with an emphasis on the latest research from the primary literature along with in-depth presentation of the basic concepts of biochemistry and molecular biology. Topics will be chosen from areas of expertise in the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology faculty. Topics will include properties of nucleotides and nucleic acids, the composition and structure of eukaryotic chromatin, eukaryotic gene expression, DNA replication, RNA transcription, RNA splicing and metabolism, and protein translation.
This class is not a faculty-driven lecture class, but is based on student presentations of background material and research papers selected from the current literature. It is designed to maximize active roles for students in each class.
- A picture is needed for the BMB seminar series wiki banner jpg. A combo picture ala Jon Fay/Larry user page would be nice, except with a theme of molecular medicine (next year's theme) and maybe including some local color. If anyone is up to the challenge, please post an example link on your user page.
Nice Hints on Talks
Recent updates to the course
21 January 2018
20 January 2018
19 January 2018