NOTE: This page is still under construction.
- Store your journal entry in the shared Class Journal Week 5 page. If this page does not exist yet, go ahead and create it (congratulations on getting in first :) )
- Link to your journal entry from your user page.
- Link back from the journal entry to your user page.
- Sign your portion of the journal with the standard wiki signature shortcut (
- Add the "BIOL398-01/S11" category to the end of the wiki page (if someone has not already done so).
Reflection on Chemostat Model
- What was the purpose of this assignment?
- What aspect of this assignment came most easily to you?
- What aspect of this assignment was the most challenging for you?
- What (yet) do you not understand?
Read and Reflect
- Read the article Lander, AD (2010) The Edges of Understanding. BMC Biology 8:40.
- What distinction does Lander draw between modeling to "discover new knowledge" and modeling for "understanding"?
- Which point of view resonates with you more? Why?