BIOL398-01/S10:Class Journal Week 12
- The purpose of the assignment was to familiarize ourselves with the data gathered by van de Mortel et al. With there data we are to analyze the data in a way that has been showed to us by Dr. Dahlquist using Microsoft Excel.
- From this assignment I learned how to reuse some of the applications of excel and learned how to manipulate columns of data with a touch of button and inserting several formulas in order to come up with the data required for us to move forward.
- The only thing that I'm still a bit confused was if we are to do the log based function for all of the data acquired. Thus far that's what I've done to it.
(Salomon Garcia Valencia 23:35, 18 April 2010 (EDT))
- The purpose of this assignment was to prepare our raw data into the formatted and scaled versions that would be used for next weeks GenMAPP program. This was different for me because I have never used Afymetrix data, so it was different to get used to what was already given and what was missing.
- This week allowed me to work with Excel again and format columns that were not specified to our data and create new ones. We redid some columns with a log base 2 as well as added the system code column and began formatting.
- I did have a couple of questions this week. I wasn't sure what columns would be used to do the Tstat as well as Pvalues.