Difference between revisions of "AU Biomaterials Design Lab:Equipment/FPLC"
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
Revision as of 20:58, 9 December 2012
- AKTApurifier is an automated liquid chromatography system.
- This is the UPC model which is accompanied by the UPC-900 for combined measurement of UV absorption, pH, and conductivity.
- This features flow rates up to:
AKTApurifier 100 (P-901): 100 ml/min at pressures up to 10 MPa.
AKTApurifier 10 (P-903): 10 ml/min at pressures up to 25 MPa.
- This has a compact separation unit. UNICORN control system version 5.10 is the computer running system which includes:
(1) a fraction collector
(2) a monitor for pH and conductivity measurement
Purpose of Use
- This is used for rapid purification of proteins at low to medium pressures.
- The system works by passing the sample through different flowpaths with specific affinities for the constituents in the sample.
- Beeghly 207
- American University, Washington, DC
- access to the laboratory is restricted; please contact Dr. Miller, Dr. Hartings or Dr. Fox for access.
For further details and use of the instrument please contact the following faculty:
- The instrument should be kept indoors and away from dusty atmosphere or close to spraying water.
- Air inlet should NOT be blocked on the front panels or the outlets on the rear of the instrument.
- Do not use for in vitro purposes.
- Modules and components contain high voltage circuits that can give a lethal electric shock.
- UPC-900 and UV-900 monitor uses high intensity UV light. Do not disassemble while the lamp is on.
- Appropriate tubing should be used. Tightening of tubes should be ensured.
- Do not place waste on top of the instrument.
- Wear appropriate laboratory attire when handling equipment.
- The system should be flushed with bacteriostatic solution.
- Pressure settings should match the tubing placed on the instrument.