Difference between revisions of "7-AAD"
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
[[Category:Material]] [[Category:Dye]] [[Category:
[[Category:Material]] [[Category:Dye]] [[Category:]]
Latest revision as of 05:30, 5 May 2009
- Staining dead cells
- Nucleic acid dye
- Often used in conjunction with Annexin-V when assaying for apoptotic cells
- "The advantage of 7-AAD over PI is the ability to be used in conjunction with phycoerythrin (PE)- and fluorescein isothiocyanate (FITC)-labeled monoclonal antibodies in 2-color analysis, with minimal spectral overlap between 7-AAD, PE and FITC fluorescence emissions. The 7-AAD fluorescence is detected in the far red range of the spectrum (650 nm long-pass filter).
- No significant safety considerations (BD Biosciences MSDS Sheet)
- MC O’Brien, et al. (1995) Cytometry 19:243
- I Schmid et al. (1992) Cytometry 13:204