Instructors: Angela Belcher, Bevin Engelward, Shannon Hughes-Alford, Natalie Kuldell and Agi Stachowiak
Writing Instructor: Leslie Ann Roldan
Oral Presentation Instructor: Atissa Banuazizi
Graduate TAs: Jenny Kay, Eric Ma, and Jackie Ohmura
Lecture: T/R 11-12 (16-220)
Lab: T/R 1-5 or W/F 1-5 (56-322)
Seminar Room: 16-336
Welcome to 20.109! For many of you this will be the first time in a research lab and for others it will not, but it is our goal to make this class a useful and fun introduction to experiments and techniques in biological engineering. There is not time enough to show you everything you’ll need to know if you go on to do research, but after taking this class you should feel confident and familiar with some fundamental experimental approaches and lab protocols. You will develop good habits at the bench, ones that will increase the likelihood of success in your work and ensure the health and safety of you and those around you. By the end of the semester, you should also be aware of good scientific practice, having had some experience with report writing, notebook keeping and publicly presenting your data. All of us involved in teaching 20.109 hope you will find it a satisfying challenge and an exciting experience that has lasting value.
- To submit your major assignments, access the Stellar drop-box that's here
- Pictures fo you and your solar cells are here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a9qvsqlryizg0ke/pk5hoeMzrW
- Efficiency data for your solar cells is linked here! Congrats on the success you all enjoyed with this module and a HUGE thanks to Jackie for all her hard work to make this experiment run so smoothly.
- Clarification: Written proposal length is 5 single-spaced pages + bibliography (references)
- Here is a copy of the written proposal grading guidelines sent on 12-3-12: rubric
- For those who are wondering: Mod 3 Proposals should be single-spaced... assignment page will be clarified to reflect that.
- Reminder: Blog post for Module 3 is due not later than Wed Dec 5th at midnight
- TEM images for all sections: Tem images
- Solar cell handout Solar cell handout
- Mod 2 re-writes (if you choose to try it) are due at midnight on Friday 11/30. This re-write assignment is subject to the 1/3 of a letter grade penalty for each 24 hour period late-- should you need that option.
- Given the nature of the remaining assignments, Agi will hold individual meetings by request rather than group OH for the (so brief!) remainder of the semester.
Beautiful artwork for homepage from Lucy Hg
- You can find old announcements here