Instructors: Angela Belcher, Bevin Engelward, Natalie Kuldell and Agi Stachowiak
Writing Instructor: Linda Sutliff
Oral Presentation Instructor: Atissa Banuazizi
Graduate TAs: Timothy Helbig, Marcus Parrish, Jingjing Sun
Lecture: T/R 11-12 (4-153)
Lab: T/R 1-5 or W/F 1-5 (56-322)
Seminar Room: 16-336
Welcome to 20.109! For many of you this will be the first time in a research lab and for others it will not, but it is our goal to make this class a useful and fun introduction to experiments and techniques in biological engineering. There is not time enough to show you everything you’ll need to know if you go on to do research, but after taking this class you should feel confident and familiar with some fundamental experimental approaches and lab protocols. You will develop good habits at the bench, ones that will increase the likelihood of success in your work and ensure the health and safety of you and those around you. By the end of the semester, you should also be aware of good scientific practice, having had some experience with report writing, notebook keeping and publicly presenting your data. All of us involved in teaching 20.109 hope you will find it a satisfying challenge and an exciting experience that has lasting value.
- To submit your major assignments, access the Stellar drop-box that's here
- Your TEM images will require special file conversion/exporting before they can be posted here, which it was not possible to do today. Further updates to come tomorrow. Due to the delay, this FNT assignment will be due next week (Tuesday/Wednesday) rather than this week (Thursday/Friday). It will be a bonus FNT assignment worth 4 points rather than required assignment.
- TEM images will be posted for T/R lab on Wed afternoon. Check here for the link you'll need to access them! And since you're getting these 24 hours later than usual, you can turn in your FNT assignment up to 24 hours late w/o penalty!
- T/R M3D1 research ideas available for pick up from box outside 16-325.
- No lecture today 11.22.11 (have a great T-day)
- Mod2 drafts are commented and graded and posted to Stellar (11.22.11). An email with general comments for the whole class will go out later today.
Beautiful artwork for homepage from Jennifer Cook-Chrysos
- You can find old announcements here