840:153g:Projects/project5/2009/02/24

From OpenWetWare
Jump to: navigation, search
Owwnotebook icon.png Team gNarLy prom-Oters Report.pngMain project page
Resultset previous.pngPrevious entry      Next entryResultset next.png

Restriction digest and gel.... again

  • We did the same thing as last thursday, however we used a fresh gel.
  • Turns out that none of the cells actually contained any parts. The contaminant from the SOB broth we used must somehow became ampacilin resistant.
  • The project can no longer move forward as planned. We have no more parts we can use, and we need to learn how to do something other than extract parts from the registry.
  • The plan is to pick up a project from last year with some alturations. We will be trying to clone a gene from orcid plants into a part that has already been extracted from the registry by another group this year that has a promoter we can use. Hopefully we can be able to get some other experience, and hey, maybe we'll beable to make the part last year's group didn't have time to make.