Josh, Casy, and Oggie
- The ligation products were used to transform competent cells. The transformation was done with volumes of 2μL and 8μL of DNA from the ligation.
- The transformed cells were spread plated onto LB+Amp plates, and incubated at 37°C.
- On Wednesday, the transformed colonies will be inoculated into liquid cultures containing ampicillin, to be used in plasmid extraction on Thursday.
- A 10% Arabinose solution was made and sterilized for future use in testing expression.
Derek and Katy
- Aragose gel run on the PCR amplification of wintergreen x 10.
- Unfortunately, there was no DNA present in the wintergreen gene.
- On Thursday we will run another PCR identical to the last one and see if we get better results.