Josh and Casy
- New primers arrived which will reduce hairpin formation.
- Diluted primers to 100μM and 10μM concentrations. Stored in the freezer.
- Prepared PCR to amplify the aprE gene. The PCR was ran with 1.0μL and 0.1μL of DNA at temperatures from 45°C to 60°C. A positive and negative control were also prepared.
- Thursday, a gel will be ran with the PCR product to determine if the aprE gene was amplified.
Derek and Katy
- Ran a gel electrophorisis on our PCR amplification of wintergreen.
- The DNA samples 7 and 8 showed up with several bands on them.
- DNA sample 3 did not show up at all so we wont be using that one again.
- Ran a gel of my nprE PCR amplification using 3 different forward primers
- All results looked the same regardless of forward primer used
- PCR failed so I setup several tests to determine the cause of failure