- The QAIquick protocol was followed in order to extract the digested plasmid from the agarose gel.
- A small amount from each sample (3μL) was run on a gel. It was determined that Sample 1 was purified, as only a single band at 2000bp was present. Sample 2 had a band at 2000bp, and a smaller band at 1500bp, which corresponded to the undigested plasmid.
- The concentration of the samples are about 0.8ng/μL. Two 27μL samples are stored at -20°C.
- Prepared agarose gel and loaded PCR products from Tuesday 2/24.
- Analyzed gel and determined that our PCR was once again unsuccessful.
Derek and Katy
- We extracted Bacillus Subtillis var. Niger and Globiformous DNA from the overnight cultures we made last Thursday.
- We loaded the new DNA into an agarose gel. Our extraction yielded bright bands from each sample.