Josh and Casy
- The plasmid pSB1A2+R0080 samples were combined and digested with Pst1 and Spe1.
- The samples were purified by running the DNA through a column.
- Verification that the digestion was a success will be done on Thursday by running a gel.
- The digested plasmid was stored in the -20°C freezer, and should be ready for the aprE ligation.
Oggie and Katy
- Did research on possibility of genetic differences between globiformis & niger strains, and strain 168 (we used DNA from strain 168 as the template when developing our primers)
- Did not find any results in regards to the two strains we are using
- Found new DNA extraction protocol at Bio.net
- Made TES buffer needed for new DNA extraction method