840:153g:Projects/project3/2009/03/03

From OpenWetWare
Jump to: navigation, search
Owwnotebook icon.png Tear Inducing Bacteria Report.pngMain project page
Resultset previous.pngPrevious entry      Next entryResultset next.png

March 3, 2009

  • We ran a gel to confirm that high molecular DNA was extracted from our onion. We had 8 DNA samples that were combined into one tube and 10 microliters of RNase A was added. PCR was then run using our two different primers and 5 different gradients. The next step is to run a gel to confirm PCR worked on Thursday.
  • We also ran a gel for our plasmid DNA to confirm that we had the correct plasmids. We digested the DNA with Xba I and Pst I. Our gel was facing the wrong direction and so it did not run correctly. Therefore, we will have to redo this procedure on Thursday.

File:DNA2.tif