840:153g:Projects/project3/2009/02/05

From OpenWetWare
Jump to: navigation, search
Owwnotebook icon.png Tear Inducing Bacteria Report.pngMain project page
Resultset previous.pngPrevious entry      Next entryResultset next.png

February 5, 2009

  • Today we finished our DNA extraction, we took our four samples and ran them on a gel to see if we obtained any usable DNA so we can perform our PCR on Tuesday.

Results:

We extracted DNA from both leaves and roots and were able to obtain the expected results. The expected results were high molecular genomic DNA (above 3000 bp) that were not in defined bands. That means the DNA we extracted was in good quality and we believe we have DNA from all four samples. Our best results were from L1 (leaves sample 1) and R1 (roots sample 1).

File:ONION-DNA.tif