840:153g:Projects/project17/2011/10/25

From OpenWetWare
Jump to: navigation, search

We ran a gel with our PCR product (from 10/20) to check that it contains the BioBrick extensions we need to insert the gene into our plasmid. When we viewed the gel, we had bands of the correct size (our gene plus both extensions). We used our remaining PCR product to make a 1:100 dilution of template DNA (containing the BioBrick extensions) which we then set up for PCR again so we could amplify our gene to have enough DNA for digestion with appropriate BioBrick restriction enzymes, then purification, followed by insertion into our digested, purified plasmids containing our promoter parts. Next lab period we will be doing the RE digests with both our gene (PCR product) and our plasmids.