840:153g:Projects/project17/2011/09/27

From OpenWetWare
Jump to: navigation, search

Today in lab we made an electrophoresis gel and ran our A and B samples plain and also with an enzyme digest in each as well as a control. (5 wells in total) We used the wrong dye.....but we ran it anyway and are hoping for the best. We heated the dilutions to 37°C for 30 min to let them mix properly then we ran them on the gel. For next time we are hoping to run PCR if we get some good results today. If we don't then I guess we will be redoing what we did today again, this time with the proper dyes. We are waiting on our promoters to arrive still, other than that we do what we need to next lab according to what our results yield today.