User talk:Avery Vernon-Moore
Week 2 Feedback
Here is the feedback on your Week 2 assignment.
- Thank you for completing your assignment on time.
- You made changes to the Summary field about 80% of the time; this is very good, but remember we are aiming for 100%.
- You answered most of the questions for the Aipotu Molecular Biology portion. However, you needed to give the full amino acid sequences for the alleles as well. You created the pure-breeding purple organism, but could have given a more in depth biological explanation.
- I think you said "amino acid" in your purpose when you meant "nucleotide".
- Please include a "Data and Files" section for your notebook, even if there are none; you can make that note there.
- In your Acknowledgments section, please provide a little more detail as to the nature of your collaboration. Did you meet only in class or outside? Who contributed what to the project?
- Overall, a very good first attempt at an electronic notebook. In the future, be sure to explicitly answer all questions from the exercises.
— Kam D. Dahlquist 17:18, 23 September 2016 (EDT)
Week 1 Feedback
Here is the feedback on your Week 1 Assignment. Thank you for completing the bulk of the assignment on time (it is acknowledged that some of your answers to the shared journal were late). Although I am not penalizing for late entries for Week 1, I will start to do so for Week 2. You may make up the points you missed on this assignment by completing the requested changes by the Week 3 wiki deadline, midnight Tuesday, September 20 (Monday night/Tuesday morning).
- You completed all of the the items in the assignment, except for the following:
- You wrote something in the Summary field for 76 out of 81 changes, or 94% of the time--keep up the good work--we are aiming at 100% of the time, so you're almost there.
- A link to a website external to the OWW wiki is missing.
- You uploaded and linked to a file, but the filename was generic, and potentially easily overwritten by other users. Be in the habit of adding your name or initials and the date to filenames to make them unique to you.
- You created and invoked your template, but the only thing on it is your category. You should move your list of assignments, individual journals, and class journals over to the template.
- You included the Acknowledgments section, but you need to include the statement:
- While I worked with the people noted above, this individual journal entry was completed by me and not copied from another source.
- Followed by your wiki signature.
- The References section is missing entirely. It needs to be included every week. For Week 1, it can just reference the Week 1 assignment page.
- You can delete all of the auto-text that OpenWetWare placed on your Talk page below my feedback, and the new user template from your User page.
- It is interesting that you mention the patterns you follow in your waitressing job. Do you find that you are trying to make your work more efficient?
— Kam D. Dahlquist 03:58, 13 September 2016 (EDT)