I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Tonia Tsinman
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Address 1
- Address 2
- City, State, Country etc.
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in the Khademhosseini Lab in the HST department at MIT.
Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Fall 2011
Major: 20 Minor: 18
Year of Graduation
ttsinman AT mit DOT edu
Have you taken or are you taking...
20.320 (Cell Kinetics)
Taking it now
Took 5.07 last fall.
7.06 (Cell Biology)
Taking it right now
7.02 (General Biology Lab)
Never taken it.
5.310 (General Chemistry Lab)
Never taken it.
Do you have any experience culturing cells (mammalian, yeast or microbial)?
Yes, I've cultured mammalian cells before.
Do you have any experience in molecular biology (electrophoresis, PCR, etc)?
I don't have any experience in molecular biology!
Please briefly describe any previous laboratory experience
I've worked in a pharmaceutical lab during my junior and senior year of high school, and after coming to MIT I've been working at the Khademhosseini Lab doing research and using thermo-responsive polymers for tissue engineering.
Anything else you would like us to know?
Can't think of anything at the moment!
- 2013, BS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- High school: Concord Academy, 2009.
- Tissue Engineering, especially with relation to cardiac research. I've worked on vascular tissue engineering in the past.
- Biomedical research for the development of prosthetic heart valves and TAVIs.
- Goldbeter A and Koshland DE Jr. . pmid:6947258.
- JACOB F and MONOD J. . pmid:13718526.
leave a comment about a paper here
- Mark Ptashne. A genetic switch. Cold Spring Harbor, N.Y.: Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2004. isbn:0879697164.