SCOC MP2 State of the Multiplex
Summary of Past Results
- SW614- A4, A6, B1, B12
- gelled well
- amplified well in uniplex
- amplified well in multiplex with all 8 SW markers
- multiplex with A4 + A6 + B1 + B12
- gel blank
- frag fail ?!
- maybe due to Techne cycler?
- re-do of multiplex with A4 + A6 + B1 + B12
- (didn't run gel)
- frag failed again!
- ran on Techne again - thermalcycler poopy?
- re-re-do of multiplex with A4 + A6 + B1 + B12
- gel blank
- frag failed AGAIN!
- ran on Opticon :(
- redo it ALL to figure out what the problem is
- potential problems:
- DNA - run 4 samples, not just the 2 controls
- fluorophore - can re-order labelled primers, but only after testing other options because of price
- primer interactions - none to be concerned about
- cycler - avoid using Techne until properly tested
- 3730 - Crystal reports no problems with other clients' data
- uniplex/4-plex/8-plex - just re-do these reactions
- Taq - can run 2 replicates using 2 different lots of Taq, but don't know what lot I used for the above failures, so not a good test
- Buffer - don't know how to test
- tackle the bolded potential problems first (#s 1 and 6)