User:Steven J. Koch/Notebook/Kochlab/2009/06/22/Convert many files, OT data conversion thinking
Steve Koch 16:34, 22 June 2009 (EDT): A few weeks back, I fixed an important bug in the 7.1 version of "Convert Many Files.vi" See: User:Steven_J._Koch/Notebook/Kochlab/2009/04/07/Convert_many_files. Actually, it was a very important bug caused by LabVIEW 7.1, and it would have infected all of our data conversion, so I'm glad I found it. At the moment, I can't remember what problem exactly I was having with "auto report," but I think it was influencing me to consider moving all of our data processing to LV8.5. This would have the added advantages of:
- better source code control
- easier upgrades to LV 2009
- Some other things may break (e.g. "Default Values").
Thus, I am now seeing if I can get Convert Many Files.vi to work in LV8.5. To do so, I'm saving a development distribution to another directory, and I'll try to open in 8.5.
Compiles in LV 8.5 after subroutine priority fix
The "1-D Polynomial Evaluation" VI which we made subroutine priority in our version of LV6.1 needs to be made subroutine priority. It's actually a deprecated VI. I swtiched it and am running now. Next, I will use the comparison VIs I created to see if the resulting data are the same.
Data conversion works in LV 8.5
Converted a bunch of data into this directory: http://kochlab.org/files/data/Koch_Data/Popping_VC_BsoBI/021112/2009_Moved%2061%20DLL_580,265_8.5
Use the following program to confirm that the values are the same as the old conversions: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 7.1\development_sjkoch_7.1\Data Analysis Utilities\Compare and subtract two converted files_directory.vi