User:Steven J. Koch/Notebook/Kochlab/2009/06/15/TRITC (Rhodamine) and regular tubulin
See also Linh's notes: User:Linh N Le/Notebook/2009/06/15
- Make GPEM
- Make GPEM + Cushion (1/2 cushion?)
- Resuspend one aliquot of TRITC tubulin with 4 ul of GPEM+Cushion. Make 3 aliquots; flash-freeze
- One freeze-dried aliquot is $25-ish, so each 1 ul aliquot is about $6.
- Resuspend one aliquot of unlabeled tubulin with 200 ul of GPEM + cushion. Make ___ number of aliquots.
- One freeze-dried aliquot is $95. If we made 5 ul aliquots (40 total), that would be about $2.5 / new aliquot.
Making GPEM + Cushion
Steve Koch 16:46, 15 June 2009 (EDT): When resuspending labeled tubulin aliquot, need to mix up GPEM + cushion, because it's easier than trying to add a small amount of cushion after resuspension.
- 9 microliters GPEM
- 1 microliter Cushion (from cytoskeleton)