User:Steven J. Koch/MTC/April 19 2011/HW for April 26
HW Assignment due April 26 before class (email me when you're done)
- Data from the field trip (microtubule gliding assays): http://openwetware.org/wiki/User:Steven_J._Koch/MTC/April_7_2011#Microtubule_data
- Here are the movies: http://openwetware.org/wiki/User:Steven_J._Koch/MTC/April_19_2011/movies
- Here are the raw images: http://kochlab.org/files/data/MechThermoCells/
- Andy's dissertation for information and links about microtubules and gliding assays: http://openwetware.org/wiki/User:Andy_Maloney#Dissertation
- Gain some experience figuring out how to analyze image series data. Probably only qualitatively, but quantitatively if you're adventurous.
- Learn how to upload a figure to FigShare.com -- Micropublishing for Science 2.0 !
- Contribute to science with the neat & new result you produced.
- Create an account at Figshare.com
- Watch the two movies you created during the field trip last week
- Make observations (like Sheng has already done)
- Come up with a hypothesis for why this may have happened
- Create either an annotated image (snapshot from the movie or an original image(s)) or annotated movie.
- Create a figure (or movie) legend that describes what the annotated image or movie (or figure) is showing
- Upload your figure / movie / image to Figshare.com.
- The authors should be You and Andy Maloney. You can work in pairs but make sure both of you do substantial work.
- Important Please help aggregate these figures on FigShare by doing two things:
- First, please link back to this page (and any other pages you see fit)
- Second, please add a common tag everyone can share (in addition to other tags you'd like to use). Let's use this tag: