User:Simon C. Baker
I am a new member of OpenWetWare!
- Simon C. Baker
- Oxford Brookes University
- Gypsy Lane
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I lead the BioProcess Research Group at the School of Life Sciences. I learned about OpenWetWare via word of blog, and I've joined to allow public dissemination of results generated from a multi-centre project.
- 1991, PhD, University of Warwick, UK
- 1988, BSc, University of Reading
- Biosurfactants At the moment we have active multidisciplinary research projects looking at new fermentation systems that generate large amounts of biosurfactant by a method known as foam fractionation
- Enzymology Currently we are looking at nucleic acid enzymology in non-aqueous systems, but in the past have explored the mutagenic space of enzymes such as nitrilase
- Collaborators Until his untimely death in March 2008, we were proud to collaborate with one of the better UK organic chemists, Dr David Kelly.
A few of our publications
- Kelly DR, Baker SC, King DS, de Silva DS, Lord G, and Taylor JP. . pmid:18264580.
Our last paper on nitriles
- Chen CY, Baker SC, and Darton RC. . pmid:17681624.
The latest paper on surfactin
- Holmes AJ, Kelly DP, Baker SC, Thompson AS, De Marco P, Kenna EM, and Murrell JC. . pmid:9000341.
PhD work on methane sulphonate metabolism
- van der Valk AM, Howbrook DN, O'Shaughnessy MC, Sarker DK, Baker SC, Louwrier A, and Lloyd AW. . pmid:14514060.
Enzymology meets plastics formulation!
- Howbrook DN, van der Valk AM, O'Shaughnessy MC, Sarker DK, Baker SC, and Lloyd AW. . pmid:12867150.
- J. Nicklin... [et al.]. Instant notes [in] microbiology. New York: Taylor & Francis Group, 2006. isbn:0415390885.