- Rachel Hunt
- MIT: rhunt [at] mit [dot] edu
- Email me through OpenWetWare
I work in the Colton Lab at MIT. I learned about OpenWetWare through my introductory biological engineering lab class, and I've joined to access the website for this class.
- Undergraduate student at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Major: Biological Engineering
- Minor: Brain and Cognitive Science
- Graduation Year: 2014
- Currently, I am studying how the oxygen level to which stem cells are exposed affects differentiation. Based upon this research, we will be able to manipulate the environment in which these stem cells grow to control differentiation and ultimately create beta cells. We can then use these insulin-producing beta cells to treat diabetes patients.
- I am also interested in a wide variety of other bioengineering research topics, including those involving the brain.
Registration/Questionnaire: 20.109 Spring 2012
Preferred name/nickname (if not first)
Course 20 (Biological Engineering)/Course 9 (Brain and Cognitive Science)
Year of Graduation
Preferred OH Time
What times on Sundays (all), Mondays (T/R section), and Tuesdays (W/F section) are you available for occasional office hours (held before major assignments are due)? I am available on Sundays anytime before 5 pm and on Tuesdays from 3:30-5 pm.
Potentially Relevant Background
|Have you taken/are you taking...||Answer yes/no/when|
|7.05/5.07 (Biochemistry)||Yes/Spring 2012|
|7.06 (Cell Biology)||No/Fall 2013|
|7.03 (Genetics)||No/Fall 2012|
|5.310 (General Chemistry Lab)||No|
|Do you have experience with...||Answer yes/no/type|
|Cell culture (microbial/mammalian/yeast?)||Yes/Mammalian (limited experience with hESC)|
|Molecular biology (electrophoresis, PCR, etc)||No|
Please briefly describe any previous laboratory experience
I have been working in the Colton Lab since the fall, studying how oxygen exposure affects stem cell differentiation.
Anything else you would like us to know?
Commitment to academic integrity
After you print out this page, please sign your name under to the following statement to indicate your agreement:
I have read and understood the 20.109 statement on collaboration and integrity.